2022 Jobs + Internships
About FairVote Minnesota:
FairVote Minnesota is leading the Ranked Choice Voting nonprofit in Minnesota. Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) is a simple but powerful reform that allows voters to rank the candidates in order of preference. It gives voters more choice and power, increases political competition, reduces polarization, and creates a more inclusive, representative, and responsive democracy. It’s the foundation for making progress on every other issue we care about. Join the movement to strengthen and protect our democracy.
Digital and Social Media Coordinator
The Digital and Social Media Coordinator, a member of the Communications team, is responsible for engaging and growing supporters of FairVote Minnesota (FVMN) and Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) through compelling digital content, social media posts, graphics and writing. The Digital Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs and work closely with FVMN leadership, field, finance, and contractors to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and legislative priorities. The Communications team works collaboratively to craft compelling content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes supporters and allies to take action.
- Plan, create, share and manage high-quality, compelling, and relevant content (including graphics and video) aligned with the FairVote Minnesota’s goals and brand for the organization’s various social media platforms, including daily engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Manage communications support staff, contractors and interns, as needed.
- Explore and engage in new and emerging social media platforms to reach a broader audience and build our supporters in Minnesota.
- Set and track goals for social media growth and impact using analytics.
- Create informative and engaging graphic content for social media, digital ads, flyers, event invitations, sample ballots, banners, and more using Adobe Creative and other digital software.
- Produce and manage production of videos and digital ads.
- Help organize, manage, and promote online events.
- Generate original content and communications assets at events, including live social media, photographs, and video.
- Assist in drafting scripts and other copy for outreach tools, including email, phone banks, ThruText, and Capitol Canary. Research and implement new tools as needed, and keep up with trends and best practices.
- Help manage website content using WordPress or other platforms.
- Create and manage new websites using WordPress or other platforms.
- Assist in drafting and editing copy for emails, press releases, letters to the editors, and policy pieces, as needed.
- 3 years political or nonprofit digital communications and social media experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or graduate degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Graphic design background using Adobe and other graphic software, especially for social media but also for print materials.
- Proven social media savvy with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other emerging digital media.
- Experience producing and editing videos.
- Experience with a variety of website platforms including WordPress, Drupal, Weebly, and Squarespace.
- Familiarity with key data toolsets and platforms widely used in field work, like EveryAction, is a plus.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with community organizing, campaigns, and diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and initiative to get the job done.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities.
- Aptitude for working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to work long and irregular hours as necessary.
- Must have transportation, computer, smartphone, and access to Wifi.
- While some work will be remote, must be available to work in person to take photos and videos for events at the Capitol in St. Paul and in the broader metro area.
This is a full or part-time position with generous health and dental benefits and an option to enroll in a retirement plan. Start date: immediate.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
FairVote Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.